Sybilla Pro 1.2.0 is available, this update is free for owners of the plugin and includes:
- Added Apple Silicon M1 support
- Fixed GUI being too small on windows with hi dpi monitors
- Removed 32bit support
Precise and complete de essing control
Sybilla Pro is a multi filter de esser plugin, unlike other traditional de-essers Sybilla Pro has 8 different tunable filters to effectively find the offending sibilance and feed the compressor that will reduce it.
Sybilla Pro is a wideband de-esser, the compressor stage is driven by the sum of the output of the active filters above the threshold so that if the sibilance moves in frequency Sybilla Pro can follow it and never miss it.
Another peculiarity of this plug-in is that the threshold is not fixed, but relative to the signal, the compressor is driven by the sum of the filters which is computed against the unfiltered signal, this difference is then used as key for the compressor. What happens with this kind of processing is that de-essing takes places even in softer passages where with traditional fixed threshold de-essers the signal must be above the set threshold for de-essing to take place.
The heart of the plugin is the filters bank, here you can set the frequency and level of each filter individually, the bandwidth will always be 1KHz for each filter. For fine tuning you can listen to the output of the filter bank or each filter individually using the key listen buttons.
Each filter can be turned on and off, when turned off the filter is disabled and won’t be considered as compressor sidechain.
Sybilla Pro offers two compression flavors, VCA and OPTO, the first is snappier and has a hard knee, while the second is slower with a soft knee, for each of the modes attack and release can be set.
The demo is fully functional except for the fact that every now and then it will silence out, you cannot save parameter values with your session and the plugin will not respond to automation coming from the host.
- Intelligent relative threshold.
- eight filters for sibilance detection.
- adjustable frequency and level for each filter.
- switch to turn on and off each filter.
- key listen for the entire filter bank and each of the filters.
- meters fora each filter.
- instantaneous gain reduction meter with peak hold.
- two different compression modes.
- attack and release setting for the compressor stage
- dry/wet knob
- macOS (10.11 and later) and Windows (7 and later) support
- Apple Silicon M1 support
- 64bit only both on Mac and Windows
- Audio Units VST2.4, VST3 and AAX format
The HoRNet Sybilla Pro has no copy protection, I don’t believe in copy protection, they are always cracked and they are annoying for the users, we all know you are not going to give away the plugin on the internet…
So simply download the plugin and enjoy your recordings!