See how your mix reacts to mastering
HoRNet Plugins in collaboration with The Buildzer bring you the “Coherence Meter”, a useful visual aid for your mixes. Coherence meter has a simple duty: to show you if your mixes are well balanced and ready to be mastered or not, and in case they are not, gives you helpful insights on where they are wrong.
This new metering plugin is built upon a mixing and mastering technique that involves comparing the input signal (your mix) with a reference level, then through some dynamics analysis a difference between that ideal behaviour and your mix is displayed giving you insight on how your mix will behave when mastering process is applied.
The signal that flows through the plugin is first normalized to a known level so that you should not worry about the input level, your mix is then fed to some filters to shape it and make it similar to our reference. After that step the plugin compresses and limits your mix to compare its behaviour to the one we have recorded, ideally the should be the same.
The range selector on the left works by setting the expectation for the meter, if you select “6” for example the algorithm expects maximum 6dBs of dynamic range, while if you choose “21” it expects much more range. This allows you to use this plugin for many different genres, from heavy compressed rock to classical symphonic music with high dynamic range.
Using Coherence meter you can easily improve your mix and masters fixing the wrong behavior they may have, wether it’s too much bass or too few, or too heavy transients.
The demo is fully functional except for the fact that every now and then it will silence out, you cannot save parameter values with your session and the plugin will not respond to automation coming from the host.
- Input meter and waveform display.
- Graphic indicator of “coherence” using the “Eye of Horus”.
- Indication of the difference with the ideal dynamics behavior.
- Realtime display of coherence with peak hold and percentage.
- Reset button to start again the measurement
- Automatic internal normalization so that you don’t have to care about input level
- Mac OS X (>=10.7) and Windows support (XP and later).
- 64-bit compatibility both on Mac and Windows.
- Audio Units, VST, VST3 and AAX format.
- This plugin is not yet natively compatible with Apple Silicon (M1/M2) processors.
The Coherence Meter has no copy protection, we don’t believe in copy protection, they are always cracked and they are annoying for the users, we all know you are not going to give away the plugin on the internet…
So simply download the plugin and enjoy your recordings!