he HoRNet ChannelStrip MK2 is a versatile plugin designed for every day use. I hate using a lot of plugins on every channel because swapping sessions between computers means having to install and authorize every single plugins, for this reason I spent almost one year designing the tool i usually put on a channel and packaging them all together in a single plugin.
In the HoRNet ChannelStrip you will find:
- One Equalizer with:
- Hi pass and Low pass filters
- Hi Shelf inspired by the one found in a famous british console
- Low Shelf inspired by the peculiar response of a famous passive EQ
- Three parametric bands that with a wide Q range that can be used for tone shaping and surgical filtering
- Two dynamics processors each with four different compression models:
- VCA: inspired by the common compressors found in consoles, solid state feed forward versatile compression
- FET: an emulation of the character of very fast vintage FET units, it's a feedback compressor and can be very aggressive
- OPTO: inspired by a famous tube limiter, its feed forward and has a smooth response
- Expander: works as a traditional gate/expander based on a VCA design
- Module order freely rearrangeable for the desired signal path (ex. Expander -> EQ -> compresor for a typical drum setup, or EQ -> FET compressor -> OPTO compressor for a typical vocal setup)
- Analog emulation that adds saturation (each model has a different saturation type) and other non linearities
- Oversampling where it matters, it means that each model has a different oversampling level when the option is activated so that the plugin always use least amount of CPU needed for the maximum quality
- Effective metering: every module has its own input and output meter and level trim and since everything is built around analog models I have put there VU Meters instead of peak meters, you have peak meters in your daw!